Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Baby Booty

I must be nesting. I spend my time online looking for next little thing we might need for the baby. At 17 weeks, these issues are hardly pressing but I'm a woman obsessed. Lucky for me, my husband's family have been very forthcoming with gently used items for the baby. Our sister in law has furnished us with a giant bag of soft toys and rattles, a wooden changing table, a brand new baby backpack thing (for hubs), and a gorgeous simple bassinet.
Today I'm trawling trademe for baby bargains on shoes and "nature baby" branded items.
Looks like I've scored these sweet checkerboard baby slippers for just $1 plus shipping:
I'm also on the look out for maternity wear. I've got a belly on me already and it's making dressing, especially for work, hard. I ordered a pair of maternity jeans on 19 April but they've not yet arrived. The lady I ordered them from said she would track them late last week but I've not heard back from her yet.
Ordering clothing has never been something I've been very comfortable or happy with but the styles offered online seem much preferable to those offered in the selection of stores I've been to. Out of desperation, I bought a pair of straight leg Pumpkin Patch pants with a stretchy band attached that goes up behind the waistband and although they are comfortable and don't look too bad, the waistband that is meant to make the pants look "normal" is a bit too big and folds down at times...yes, I should wear a belt but I don't have any that fit me at the moment that will go through the beltloops. I generally love shopping and trying clothes on in stores but have quickly got over that lately with the dissatisfaction I've felt with the maternity things I've tried on lately. I could use some advice on where to shop and even an extra set of eyes to help me spot things that will look good and last me through to October.

No comments:

Post a Comment