Follow me on Twitter

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Today is 10th May, Mother's Day. We will be celebrating by visiting my husband's parents for Sunday lunch. Sounds good to me.
Yesterday I had a nice day meeting up with a friend who recently, and unexpectedly, told me she's also expecting. She hadn't been planning on a baby, indeed she had been planning a 6 month trip to Europe instead. Things have changed substantially for her with her news but she seems happy and like she's adjusting to it well. We had a nice brunch and then went on the prowl for maternity clothing and for a browse at baby stuff. Each of us got 1-2 new tops and I bought some baby socks and booties as well as a onesie.
I hope all mother's out there are having a fabulous day today and that they end up spoiled by those who love them this Mother's Day. Which reminds me...Mom, if you're reading this, I haven't forgotten you, I'm just running late ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment