Follow me on Twitter

Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's a Girl

So we were lucky enough to have baby in a good position for our ultrasound on Tuesday and to find out that baby definitely looks like a girl. Grand-daughter #8 for the Lockie's!

Although a boy would have been a welcome change, we are very excited for another girl. Shopping for baby thing is so much better when you know the gender of the baby. I've already been and bought several pink things I'd been eying but putting off until we knew the sex of the baby.

What if baby wasn't in a good position for the ultrasound? Well, there's all those old wives tales I mentioned in the last post but unfortunately they are not very accurate (about 80% of those were saying we were having a boy). Just today I found an interesting product called IntelliGender which uses a urine sample to predict the sex of your baby.
I thought it was pretty cool and looked at the website http://www.boyorgirl.com.au/ to find out more. According to the website, this test is 90% accurate and works by testing levels of certain hormones produced when mum depending on if babe is a boy or girl. Sounds pretty good so far. Unfortunately, the price tag seemed a bit silly to me $95 Australian dollars plus shipping (or I could purchase it locally for $139 NZD). Perhaps my thinking about the price would be different if I was one of the 25% of of people whose baby was not in a good position to see the gender on the 20 week scan...

No comments:

Post a Comment